Dit ga je doen
Looking for a graduation assignment and are you an Mechatronics student at the higher professional education level (HBO)? Then come do an internship at VDL TBP Electronics!
VDL TBP Electronics is developing a new Extended Boundary Scan (EBS) test platform called EBST 2.0.
This platform can be used to test PCBs assembled in-house for (possible) production errors. In contrast to other existing test systems, this platform is capable of testing both digital and analogue electronic circuits.
The former EBS test platform uses a purchased pressure regulator. However, this air pressure regulator does not entirely meet the requirements of EBST 2.0. It is not accurate enough and only has one channel.
During this master’s thesis, the student will be investigating the shortcomings of the existing pressure regulator and how they can be improved:
Compile specifications together with the EBST 2.0 design team;
Make a prototype (PCBA) based on these specifications;
Have extensive testing performed on this prototype.
Research question: How can an air pressure regulator be designed that meets the flexibility and accuracy requirements of VDL TBP Electronics for the EBST 2.0 setup?
What do we expect from you?
- Conduct market research on existing air pressure regulators
- A science-based study showing the potential of air pressure regulators for the EHS
- Design and assembly of an air pressure regulator that can be integrated into the EBS test platform
- A working demo of the final air pressure regulator developed
Who are we looking for?
- You are studying Mechatronics at the higher professional education level (HBO)
- You are looking for a graduate internship
- You are a student with an interest in designing, assembling and testing printed circuit boards (PCBAs)
- You have a passion for electronics/ICT
- You are driven, ambitious, entrepreneurial and eager to learn
- You are motivated and know how to work on projects both independently and as part of a team
What do we offer?
- Nice change of pace between theory and practice; whatever you develop, you will also actually see being put to use!
- Support from the process engineering team. This team focuses on internal improvement projects and has expertise in the field of mechanics, electronics and software.
- There is plenty of opportunity for you to contribute your own ideas.
- You will be part of the international, industrial family business VDL Groep, where continuity is important.
- Collaboration in a professional, no-nonsense environment with open communication.
- Ample room for personal development and entrepreneurship.
- Generous internship compensation
- An annual VDL party with all VDL Groep colleagues
- Staff offers
We are an electronics manufacturing services (EMS) company that offers integrated services in the field of printed circuit board assemblies (PCBAs). With over 130 employees and a production facility on the beautiful island of Goeree-Overflakkee (South Holland), VDL TBP Electronics has been serving and closely involved with its reputable customers for over 40 years. Our test engineering department is located at the Brainport Industries Campus in Eindhoven.
The production department is the heart of our organisation. At VDL TBP Electronics, we are honoured to serve companies from a variety of challenging industries. These include the defence, medical, offshore, aerospace and industrial sectors. We are a top Dutch player in the field of high-tech electronics for a number of well-known companies in the manufacturing industry. For example, we assemble the electronics for respirators, chip machines, industrial cameras, lighting for wind turbines and for a host of other innovative customers in the technology sector.
Since January 2021, VDL TBP Electronics has been a part of VDL Groep, which is supporting its ongoing growth ambitions.